- "A feature-length documentary about our complex relationship with manufactured objects and, by extension, the people who design them. In his second film, director Gary Hustwit (Helvetica) documents the creative processes of some of the world's most influential product designers, and looks at the creativity at work behind everything from toothbrushes to tech gadgets"--Container.
- In English, German, French, Dutch and Japanese, with English subtitles.
- DVD; All Region, NTSC; Dolby Digital; presented in the widescreen aspect ratio of the film's original theatrical exhibition, 1.78:1.
- Featuring Paola Antonelli, Chris Bangle, Andrew Blauvelt, Erwan & Ronan Bouroullec, Tim Brown, Anthony Dunne, Dan Formosa, Naoto Fukasawa, IDEO, Jonathan Ive, Hella Jongerius, David Kelley, Bill Moggridge, Marc Newsome, Fiona Raby, Dieter Rams, Karim Rashid, Alice Rawsthorn, Smart Design, Davin Stowell, Jane Fulton Suri, Rob Walker.
- Editor, Joe Beshenkovsky ; director of photography, Luke Geissbühler ; music, original score by Kristian Dunn.
- Originally produced as a documentary film in 2009.
Extra footage: 60 minutes of additional interviews in English, German, French, Dutch and Japanese, with English subtitles.
Gift: University of North Texas. College of Visual Arts and Design, October 2012.
- 1 videodisc (75 mins.) : sound color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (2 pages ; 19 cm)
- plastic; metal; 4 3/4 in.; polychrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- OBJ 2009 DVD
Other Standard Numbers:
- Universal Product Code: 082354004927
Publisher Number, Plexifilm: PLX-035