Table of Contents:
- Introductory memoir
- Moses: a play
- Poems from camp and trench: Daughters of war; On receiving the first news of the war; Spring, 1916; The troop ship; marching; Break of day in the trenches; Killed in action; Returning, we hear the larks; The destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonian hordes; The burning of the Temple; Home-thoughts from France; The immortals; Louse hunting; Girl to soldier on leave; Soldier: Twentieth century; The Jew; The dying soldier; Dead man's dump; In war; The dead heroes
- Fragments of 'The Unicorn': I. The amulet; II. The song of Tel the Nubian; III. The tower of skulls
- Earlier poems: Expression; From 'Night and Day'; Zion; Spiritual isolation: a fragment; Far away; Spring; Song; Heart's first word. I.; Heart's first word. II.; Lady, you are my God; If you are fire; In the underworld; O, in a world of men and women; A girl's thoughts; A ballad of Whitechapel; Tess; The nun; In Piccadilly; A mood; First fruit; A careless heart; Dawn; At night; Creation; Of any old man; The lost one; Wedded; Don Juan's song; On a lady singing; Beauty; A question; Chagrin; The blind God; The female God; God; Sleep; My days.
- Bottomley, Gordon, 1874-1948, editor
Binyon, Laurence, 1869-1943
Thomas, Donald, 1943-, former owner
Heinemann (Firm), publisher
Billing and Sons, printer
Donald Thomas War Poetry Collection
Special Collections donation
- Item content: English
- "Printed in Great Britain by Billing and Sons, Limited, Guildford and Esher."--Colophon.
"Bibliographical note": p. xi-xii.
(Copy 2) Gift: Donald Thomas, 2015.
Bound in publisher's black cloth with applied spine label.
(Copy 2) Retaining original dust jacket.
- xii, 186 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustrations, frontispiece (portrait) ; 20 cm
- PR6035 .O67 1922
Library of Congress Control Numbers: