Table of Contents:
- Introduction to the principal case studies
- Using social theory to explain conflicts
- Alternative dispute resolution : the contribution of negotiation and consensus building
- Mediation and its contribution to resolving environmental disputes
- 'Clearing the air' : the North Oxford County Coalition
- Public participation in decision-making and partnerships
- Building trust : crucial lessons in participation and partnership
- Organizations, power, and conflict
- Consensus and the political process
- Conclusions on removing the barriers.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -286) and index.
- xxi, 297 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- HM1121 .S54 2005
Library of Congress Control Numbers: