Table of Contents:
- Images of old age
- Attitudes towards aging : adaptation, development and growth into later years
- Age in social and sociolinguistic theory
- The role of age stereotypes in interpersonal communication
- Intergenerational communication : intergroup, accommodation, and family perspectives
- Inter- and intragroup perspectives on intergenerational communication
- Cultural issues in communication and aging
- Adult parent-child relationships : a view from feminist and discursive social psychology
- Communication in close relationships of older people
- The nature of family relationships between and within generations : relations between grandparents, grandchildren, and siblings in later life
- Friendship in later life
- Organizational communication and aging : age-related processes in organizations
- Marketing to older adults
- Retirement and leisure
- The political power of seniors
- The portrayal of older adults in political advertising
- Media usage patterns and portrayals of seniors
- The older patient-physician interaction
- Communication and the institutionalized elderly
- Online support and older adults : a theoretical examination of benefits and limitations of computer-mediated support networks for older adults and possible health outcomes
- Education for older adults : lifelong learning, empowerment, and social change
- Instructional communication and older adults.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2004. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- xvii, 596 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- text file
- HQ1061 .H3365 2004eb
- 1410610179 (electronic bk.)