Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Kathleen deMarrais and Stephen D. Lapan
- Being vulnerable and being ethical with/in research / Kit Tisdale
- Historical research / Kate Rousmaniere
- Qualitative interview studies : learning through experience / Kathleen deMarrais
- Owning significance : the critical incident technique in research / Daniel L. Kain
- Focus groups : more than a method of qualitative inquiry / Pamela B. Kleiber
- Exploring life and experience through narrative inquiry / Mary Kay Kramp
- Enjoining positionality and power in narrative work : balancing contentious and modulating forces / Juanita Johnson-Bailey
- Ethnomethodological and conversation analytic studies / Kathryn J. Roulston
- Fieldwork traditions : ethnography and participant observation / Judith Preissle and Linda Grant
- Reinscribing critique in educational ethnography : critical and postcritical ethnography / George W. Noblit
- Critical inquiry in qualitative research : feminist and poststructural perspectives : science "after truth" / Patti Lather
- Case study research / Patricia A. Hays
- Evaluation studies / Stephen D. Lapan
- Participatory evaluation / Gila Garaway
- Multimethod research / Paul A. Schutz, Courtney B. Chambless, and Jessica T. DeCuir
- Survey research / Susan R. Hutchinson
- Single subject experimental research : an overview for practitioners / Karen A. Sealander
- Experimental research to inform educational policy / Lawrence H. Cross and Gabriella M. Belli
- Using multiple methodologies : the case of retention in Chicago / Ernest R. House.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 371-409) and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2003. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- xiii, 432 pages : illustrations.
- text file
- LB1028 .F64 2004eb
- 1410609375 (electronic bk.)