Table of Contents:
- Ancrene wisse and the Book of hours / Bella Millett
- Women in the Charterhouse? : Julian of Norwich's Revelations of divine love and Marguerite Porete's Mirror of simple souls in British Library, MS Additional 37790 / Marleen Cré
- Spirituality and sex change : Horologium sapientiae and Speculum devotorum / Rebecca Selman
- 'Listen to me, daughter, listen to a faithful counsel' : the Liber de modo bene vivendi ad sororem / Ann McGovern-Mouron
- A fortress and a shield : the representation of the Virgin in the Château d'amour of Robert Grosseteste / Christiania Whitehead
- Yate of heven : conceptions of the female body in the religious lyrics / Karin Boklund-Lagopoulou
- Measuring the pilgrim's progress : internal emphases in The book of Margery Kempe / Samuel Fanous
- Veneration of virgin martyrs in Margery Kempe's meditation : influence of the Sarum liturgy and hagiography / Naoë Kukita Yoshikawa
- Margery's performing body : the translation of late Medieval discursive religious practices / Denis Renevey
- Psychological disorder and the autobiographical impulse in Julian of Norwich, Margery Kempe and Thomas Hoccleve / Richard Lawes.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- xi, 270 pages ; 23 cm
- PR275.R4 W74 2000
- 0802035175 (bound)