Table of Contents:
- Tyranny and the transformation of the Roman visual landscape / Eric R. Varner
- "What worse than Nero, what better than his baths?" : "Damnatio memoriae" and Roman architecture / Penelope J. E. Davies
- Now you see them, now you don't : the presence and absence of women in Roman art / Diana E. E. Kleiner
- Damnatio memoriae and epigraphy / Harriet I. Flower
- The private sector : reworked portraits outside the imperial circle / Susan B. Matheson
- An altered portrait of the artist : some transformed images in Ovid's Metamorphoses and poetry of exile / Garth Tissol
- Catalogue of the exhibition.
- Item content: English
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Michael C. Carlos Museum, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia from Sept. 16, 2000 to Jan. 7, 2001, and at the Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, Connecticut from Jan. 31 to March 25, 2001.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-250).
- 251 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- NB1296.3 .F76 2000