Table of Contents:
- Fifteen Mexican tales / by R. Aiken
- Two treasure tales / by J. F. Dobie
- Shivarees and charivaris: variations on a theme / by E. B. Atwood
- Freud's myth of the primal horde / by W. M. Hudson
- Folklore of the South and racial discrimination / by J. M. Lacy
- Texas stream names / by J. Q. Anderson
- Social customs in O. Henry's Texas stories / by E. H. Long
- The cowboy in the British West Indies / by R. D. Abrahams
- Adam's rib / by G. D. Hendricks
- "The Texas Rangers" in Aberdeenshire / by K. S. Goldstein
- Folksong and folksong scholarship: changing approaches and attitudes. Introductory remarks / by R. D. Abrahams ; On a peak in Massachusetts; the literary and aesthetic approach / by T. P. Coffin ; Folksong as an anthropological province; the anthropological approach / by J. Greenway ; The comparative approach: its aims, techniques, and limitations / by W. E. Richmond ; The rationalistic approach / by D. K. Wilgus ; The transcription and analysis of folk music / by G. Foss.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
(Texana Collection copy 3) Gift: The Shockley Family, April 2004.
(Texana Collection copy 3) ex. coll. Professor Martin Staples Shockley
(Texana Collection copy 3) Bound in brown publishers' cloth with brown spine titles and cover illustration. Retains original dust jacket.
(Texana Collection copy 3) Donated in memory of Professor Martin Staples Shockley.
- vi, 274 pages : music ; 24 cm.
- GR1 .T4 v.32
Library of Congress Control Numbers: