The curate of Clyro: extracts from the diary of the Reverend Francis Kilvert
selected and introduced by Meic Stephens and illustrated with wood engravings by Sarah Van Niekerk
- Resource Type:
- Book (Print/Paper)
- [Newton, Powys] : Gwasg Gregynog, 1983
|BX5199.K49 A342 1983||Checking availability||Request on-site use|
- Stephens, Meic, sellectorVan Niekerk, Sarah, illustratorGee, Eric, printer, designerVickers, David (Printer), printerJames, Angela, binderGwasg Gregynog (1974- ), publisher
- Language Notes:
- Item content: English
- Printed books — Wales — Newton — 20th century
- General Notes:
- "This edition contains extracts from Kilvert's diary : selections from the diary of the Reverend Francis Kilvert, chosen, edited, and introduced by William Plomer and first published in three volumes by Jonathan Cape Limited 1938-1940"--P. 
"Published in a limited edition of 15 copies specially bound by James Brockman, numbered I to XV, and 250 copies numbered 1 to 250."--colophon.
"Designed and printed by Eric Gee, assisted by David Vickers. The type, which has been hand set, is 14 pt Monotype Bembo, printed on Barcham Green Maidstone Light Toned hand-made paper."--colophon.
Printed on double leaves.
Bound in a unique binding by Angela James. In white sheepskin with colored leather inlays and onlays of different grained moroccos and suede. Doublures hinged at fore-edges, folding out to reveal four panels depicting a mountainous Welsh landscape passing through the four seasons. Inner doublures of gray suede. Housed in binder's custom suede-lined, drop-back box with morocco lettering piece. Signed with binder's leather ticket stamped in gilt inside rear cover.
Libraries' copy is signed "out of sequence"; accompanied by a suite of loose woodengravings.
- Physical Description:
- 48 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Call Numbers:
- BX5199.K49 A342 1983
- Library of Congress Control Numbers:
- OCLC Numbers: