Table of Contents:
- The East Texas communal hunt / by Francis Edward Abernethy
- Folk medicine in Denton county today: or can dermatology replace dish rags? / by Paul W. Schedler
- The frontier preacher as a character type in methodist autobiographies / by Mary Sue Carlock
- The day they shot Bonnie and Clyde / by Carrol Y. Rich
- Diesel smok and dangerous curves: folklore of the trucking industry / by Joyce Gibson Roach
- Tales of the cattle trail / by Jimmy M. Scaggs
- Origins of "Sir Patrick Spens" / by Norman L. McNeil
- The Gatesville murhter: the origin and evolution of a ballad / by John Q. Anderson
- Old Fort Leaton: a saga of the Big Bend / by Elton Miles
- Hog killing and soap making / by E.J. Rissman
- Cabeza de Vaca was a piker / by W. H. Hutchinson
- Barbara Ellen and the Lincoln Continental: or , the commercial folk festival / by Hermes Nye
- Classical and literary motifs in TV and Movie westerns / by George D. Hendricks
- Myth and folklore in The Ordways / by Patrick B. Mullen
- The Huapango: a dithyrambic festival / by Henry Schmidt
- Rats, cats and abandoned fields / by E. Paul Durrenberger
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
(Rare Book & Texana Collection copy 3) Gift: The Shockley Family, April 2004.
(Rare Book & Texana Collection copy 3) ex. coll. Professor Martin Staples Shockley.
(Rare Book & Texana Collection copy 3) Donated in memory of Professor Martin Staples Shockley.
Removed from front of copy 3:"Books from the Encino Press"catalog placed in Separated Materials file.
- ix, 171 pages : portrait ; 24 cm.
- GR1 .T4 v.35
Library of Congress Control Numbers: