- This book discusses transgender science and its applications, from theories on the origin of gender diversity to practical solutions for trans people to enjoy life in their chosen gender. Physical health topics include hormone therapy, puberty blockers, breast augmentation/reduction, gender confirmation surgery, and speech therapy. Mental health topics include dealing with discrimination, bullying, and transphobia. Includes footnotes, references, and additional resources.
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Introduction
- 2. What Is Gender?
- 3. Gender Diversity
- 4. Gender Affirmation
- 5. Psychological Assessment of Gender Incongruence
- 6. Children and Adolescents
- 7. Hormone and Surgical Therapies for Adults
- 8. Fertility
- 9. Ancillary Procedures and Other Interventions
- 10. Societal Issues for Gender-Diverse People
- 11. Current Guidelines and Future Prospects.
- Item content: English
- Sex, love, and psychology
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record and CIP data provided by publisher; resource not viewed.
- 1 online resource.
- RA564.9.T73 H43 2019eb
9781440863097 (electronic bk.)
9781440863080 (cloth, alk. paper) [Invalid]
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5778394 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp300555237