- Transgender rights are not just limited to bathroom bills, though the controversial issue has dominated news headlines for the past few years. What basic human rights are afforded to transgender and nonbinary U.S. citizens is a mystery to many. The viewpoints in this resource lay out the issues in a concise and informative way, offering measured arguments as to why trans Americans are a protected class, as well as arguments for why they don't need special treatment. Workplace discrimination, marriage equality, and adoption, as they relate to transgender identities, are also touched upon.
Table of Contents:
- Religious beliefs and transgender support can go hand-in-hand / William Galo and Tina Trinh
- Transgender people in chosen restrooms : there's nothing to fear but fear itself / R.T. Edwins
- Obama's rebuke of bathroom bill did not go far enough / Tom Carter
- The governmentn and insurance companies should help cover gender reassignment surgery / Anna Gorman
- The sporting world is unfair to transgender athletes / Katharina Lindner
- Hate crime laws must go farther to protect transgender individuals / Victoria Law
- Transgender rights are human rights / Human Rights Campaign
- How about educating everyone in school about transgender rights? / Brenda Alvarez
- Transgender employees must be treated with dignity and respect / United States Office of Personnel Management
- Equal opportunity in the military must include transgender servicepeople / Ash Carter
- Voter ID laws are unfair to trans voters / German Lopez
- The justice system is failing transgender individuals / Samantha Pegg.
- Item content: English
- Transgender people > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States > Juvenile literature
Sexual minorities > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States > Juvenile literature
Transgender people > Legal status, laws, etc. > Juvenile literature
Transgender people > Legal status, laws, etc.
Sexual minorities > Legal status, laws, etc.
- Description based on: Online resource; title from PDF title page (EBSCO, viewed January 12, 2018).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 online resource.
- text file
- J323.3 T772tr eb
- 9781534502178 (electronic bk.)
1534502173 (electronic bk.)