- Abstract: Encyclopedia of Language and Education offers the newest developments in research methods, including an entirely new volume of research and scholarly content, essential to the field of language teaching and learning in the age of globalization.
Table of Contents:
- Part I. Language, society, and education: Theoretical and historical perspectives on researching the sociology of language and education / Joshua A. Fishman; Sociology of language and education: empirical and global perspectives / Valerie S. Jakar; Researching globalization of English / Joseph Sung-Yul Park; Investigating language education policy / Bernard Spolsky; Ethnography of language policy / Teresa L. McCarty, Lu Liu; Researching historical perspectives on language, education, and ideology / Thomas Ricento; Censuses and large-scale surveys in language research / Jennifer Leeman; Researching language loss and revitalization / Leena Huss; Researching media, multilingualism, and education / Ingrid de Saint-Georges; Researching the continua of biliteracy / Nancy H. Hornberger
- Part II. Language variation, acquisition, and education: Variationist approaches to language and education / Kirk Hazen; Social class in language in education research / David Block; Researching identity in language and education / Saeed Rezaei; Second language acquisition research methods / Rebekha Abbuhl, Alison Mackey; Methods in multilingualism research / Beatriz Lado, Cristina Sanz; Research perspectives on bilingualism and bilingual education / Li Wei; From researching translanguaging to translanguaging research / Li Wei, Ofelia García; Research approaches to narrative, literacy, and education / Gigliana Melzi, Margaret Caspe; Second language acquisition and identity / Viniti Vaish
- Part III. Language, culture, discourse, and education: Ethnography and language education / Ariana Mangual Figueroa; Researching language socialization / Paul B. Garrett; Discourse analysis in educational research / Doris Warriner, Kate T. Anderson; Researching multimodality in language and education / Jennifer Rowsell, Diane R. Collier; Researching developing discourses and competences in immersion classrooms / Anne-Marie de Mejía; Linguistic ethnography / Angela Creese, Fiona Copland; Arts-based approaches to inquiry in language education / Melisa Cahnmann Taylor; Researching timescales in language and education / Elaine Allard' Critical ethnography / Deborah Palmer, Blanca Caldas; Visual methods in researching language practices and language learning: looking at, seeing, and designing language / Anne Pitkänen-Huhta, Sari Pietikäinen; Narrative inquiry and multicultural education / Jubin Rahatzad, Hannah Dockrill, JoAnn Phillion; Language teacher research methods / Manka M. Varghese, I-Chen Huang
- Part IV. Language, interaction, and education: Microethnography in the classroom / Pedro M. Garcez; Interactional approaches to the study of classroom discourse and student learning / John Hellermann, Teppo Jakonen; Conversation analytic approaches to language and education / Hansun Zhang Waring; Researching body movements and interaction in education / Xiaoting Li; Code-switching in the classroom: research paradigms and approaches / Angel M. Y. Lin; Researching the language of race and racism in education / Danny C. Martinez, Ramón A. Martínez; Research approaches to the study of literacy, learning, and technology / Ilana Snyder, Ekaterina Tour; Researching computer-mediated communication / Wan Fara WanMansor, Mohamad Hassan Zakaria.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on title page of print version.
- 1 online resource (50 entries) : 10 images.
- P40.8 .R47 2017eb
- 9783319022499 (electronic book)
3319022490 (electronic book)
3319022482 (print) [Invalid]
9783319022482 (print) [Invalid]
9781787853430 (electronic version)
Other Control Numbers:
- gtp00568577 (source: CaBNVSL)
sprmlae2017 (source: Credo)
[Unknown Type]: Credo9781787853430