- By drawing on the experience of trans people who are affected by physical disability, chronic illness and mental illness, this book is the definitive guide on providing best practice in approaches to health and care policy. Suggesting solutions to areas where understanding and care provision is poor, Kermode gives advice on topics such as transitioning with a disability, sex-specific service provision and fertility and reproduction. The book also examines how health and care professionals can adapt to cater for transgender and non-binary people's needs and can support those who must use health services due to their condition. Written in an accessible and comprehensive manner, Supporting Transgender and Non-Binary People with Disabilities or Illnesses is an essential guide for practitioners in health and social care positions. -- Provided by publisher.
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Sex and Gender: Understanding Transgender People
- 2. Social Challenges Trans People Face
- 3. Transgender People, Disability and Illness
- 4. Transition Process
- 5. Surgical Transition
- 6. Physical Health Issues Associated with Being Transgender
- 7. Sensory Impairments and Disability
- 8. Mental Health Issues and Transgender People
- 9. Sex-Specific Service Provision
- 10. Data Management
- 11. Inpatient Hospital Care
- 12. Institutional Care
- 13. At-HomeCare
- 14. Transgender People, Disability Benefits and Financial Issues.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
- RA564.9.T73 K47 2019eb
- 9781784509354 (electronic bk.)
1784509353 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5790463 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp300621698