- "Using an interdisciplinary framework, Fischer connects media coverage with the state regulation of trans people to show how, despite some increase in positive depictions, negative representations of trans people as deceptive, deviant, and threatening still permeate mass-mediated discourses used to justify, even normalize, state-sanctioned violence against gender non-conforming populations"-- [Provided by publisher]
- Item content: English
- Expanding frontiers: Interdisciplinary approaches to studies of women, gender, and sexuality
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on October 08, 2019).
- 1 online resource.
- HQ77.95.U6 F57 2019eb
- 9781496218520 (electronic book)
1496218523 (electronic book)
9781496218506 (electronic book)
1496218507 (electronic book)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5897660 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp300832425