- "According to the research underpinning this book, 85% trans students and staff faced barriers. This practical guide enables post-secondary education professionals to create a safe and supportive environment for gender diverse applicants, students and staff. Using real life examples to explore common experiences and challenges for trans people in further and higher educational settings, it sets out policies, interventions and advice that have proven effective in providing impactful support on a wide range of issues such as learning, teaching, mental health, recruitment, support services, and institutional policies. Included is an easy-to-follow introduction to transgender terminology and identities, as well as legal and medical considerations" -- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- The basics of trans awareness
- The transedu research project and findings
- Getting in to college and university
- Studying at college and university
- Student life at college and university
- Securing employment at college and university
- Working in college and university
- Developing a trans and gender diversity policy
- Supporting transitions.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
- LC2574.6 .L39 2018eb
- 9781784506735 (electronic bk.)
1784506737 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5609312 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15877140