- Abstract: No other subject determines the rise and fall of nations, organizations, families, and even individuals as leadership. No other topic determines whether people and the organizations that they work for will live up to the promise of their potential. And no other topic guarantees the future of the next generation as leadership. But how do leaders ensure that they inspire people to achieve extraordinary results for their organizations and constituencies? That's what this book intends to address.
Table of Contents:
- Section 1. Now that you are the leader
- 1. Leadership: it's not about you!
- 2. You are your first follower
- 3. Decisiveness
- 4. Love what you do, whom you do it with, and whom you do it for
- 5. Service-oriented leadership
- 6. How will you be remembered?
- Section 2. Inspire and influence your team
- 7. Bold dreams
- 8. Grow your people
- 9. Engage your constituents
- 10. Motivate your employees
- 11. Unify constituents around a common cause
- Section 3. Achieve extraordinary results
- 12. Wonders happen in an atmosphere of positive stretch and fair rewards
- 13. Trust improves the bottom line
- 14. The six essentials every leader must communicate
- 15. Open the channels of communication upward, downward, and across
- 16. Focus on excellence in execution
- 17. Hold your people accountable for results
- 18. Question-based leadership
- 19. Judge performance accurately
- 20. X-ray successes and failures and institutionalize lessons
- About the author
- Item content: English
- Description based on online resource; title from title page (Safari, viewed July 27, 2018).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 online resource.
- HD57.7 .U33 2018eb
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5439773 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15579710