Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I TRANSITIONS
- 1. From Apartheid to a New Democracy: Areas of Shift
- 2. "This Time for Africa"? Global Media Studies and the View from the South
- 3. Changing Media Culture: Professional Ideologies between Past and Present
- pt. II LOCAL CONTESTATIONS
- 4. Is This Freedom? Media Ethics, "African Culture," and Universal Values
- 5. Global Genres and Local Context: What Controversies around Tabloidization Tell Us about South African Media and Society
- 6. Rethinking Global and Local: South African Perspectives on the "Future of Journalism"
- pt. III GLOBAL SHIFTS
- 7. BRICS and Beyond: Mediating New Geopolitical Relationships
- 8. New Pressures and Opportunities: Technology, Geopolitics, and Social Change.
- Item content: English
- Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- HN801.Z9 M39 2018eb
- 9780252050282 (electronic bk.)
0252050282 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5316954 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15207945