- CultureShock! India helps you understand this country that has more than 4,000 separate communities and where over 300 different languages are spoken. Learn to navigate your way through Indian society, and appreciate the traditions and values that bind the people together despite their differences. Peppered with personal anecdotes, this book gives practical advice to avoid cultural misunderstandings as well as tips to facilitate your move to the country, including information on how to find a suitable home, how to get around, what schools and facilities are available for your family and what t.
Table of Contents:
- ABOUT THE SERIES; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; DEDICATION; CONTENTS; PREFACE; MAP OF INDIA; A NOTE TO THE READER; Ch1 FIRST IMPRESSIONS; Ch2 GEOGRAPHY AND HISTORY; Ch 3 INDIANS; Ch 4 FITTING IN; Ch 5 PRACTICALITIES; Ch 6 FOOD; Ch 7 ENJOYING INDIA; Ch 8 LEARNING THE LANGUAGE; Ch 9 DOING BUSINESS IN INDIA; Ch 10 AT A GLANCE; CULTURE QUIZ; DOS AND DON'TS; GLOSSARY; RESOURCE GUIDE; FURTHER READING; ABOUT THE AUTHOR; INDEX
- Item content: English
- Description based upon print version of record.
- 1 online resource (361 pages)
- text file
- BJ2007.I47 .S469 2017
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC4837050 (source: MiAaPQ)