- "Drawing on over one hundred interviews with individuals, this book is a complilation of the voices of those who have decided to undergo transition - both male-to-female and female-to-male. The book details the diverse experiences and challenges faced by those who transition, exploring a range of topics such as hormone treatments; reassignment surgeries; coming out; sex and sexualtiy; physical, emotional and mental health; transphobia; discrimination; and hate crime, as well as highlighting the lives of non-binary individuals and those who cross-dress to form a wider understanding of the varied ways in which people experience gender." -- [Page 4 of cover]
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Being Trans
- 2. Transitioning
- 3. Male to Female (MTF)
- 4. Female to Male (FTM)
- 5. Non-Binary
- 6. Cross-Dressers
- 7. Sex and Sexuality
- 8. Health
- 9. Transphobia, Discrimination and Hate Crime.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on April 06, 2017).
- 1 online resource.
- HQ77.9 .H46 2017eb
- 9781784505202 (electronic book)
178450520X (electronic book)
9781785922404 (paperback, alkaline paper) [Invalid]
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC4749752 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp13348584