Table of Contents:
- Part I. The process and systems of sustainable design : The process of sustainable engineering design : Creating a new paradigm for design ; The sustainable design team: an engineer's perspective ; Design drivers for sustainable infrastructure systems ; Implementing the process -- Sustainable infrastructure frameworks : Establishing a framework ; Using sustainable infrastructure frameworks -- Part II. Sustainable resource systems : Water conservation and supply : Water management plan ; Achieving water balance ; Analyzing water sources ; Water supply strategies -- Integrated water management : Water a resource, not waste product ; Integrated stormwater management ; Urban stormwater treatment strategies ; Extensive stormwater treatment systems ; Addressing constraints and barriers to implementation ; Graywater treatment and reuse ; Integrating graywater into a water resources master plan ; Blackwater management approaches -- Energy and greenhouse gases : Reducing demand through design ; Designing sustainable power supplies ; Addressing climate change and reducing carbon footprint ; Policy measures for increasing energy security and efficiency ; Design guidelines and performance standards -- Sustainable site planning, built systems, and material flows : Sustainable site planning ; Green streets and transportation networks ; Green streets ; Working with the land ; Material and waste flows -- Part III. Design applications : City-scale approaches : Guangzhou: city-scale transformation in China ; Tianjin eco-city master plan ; PlaNYC: an integrated stormwater approach ; San Francisco city greening initiatives ; The expressive potential of infrastructure -- Applications for sustainable communities : Achieving a perfect balance: Pearl Island, Panama ; Going beyond engineering: sharing standards for sustainability ; Integrating stormwater strategies into the transect at the community scale: Cattle Creek, Colorado ; Stitching together lost connections with green infrastructure -- Building-scale sustainable infrastructure : The California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco ; Creating the new academy ; Chartwell School: design teaches children to celebrate water and energy ; Pearl Island, Panama: designing buildings for energy savings ; Sustainable sites initiative ; Brisbane City Hall: green site design ; Stanford University green dorm: a living laboratory ; Pearl River Tower, Guangzhou, China
- "As more factors, perspectives, and metrics are incorporated into the planning and building process, the roles of engineers and designers are increasingly being fused together. The Art of Eco-Engineering explores this tend with in-depth look at sustainable engineering practices in an urban design as it involves watershed master-planning, green building, optimizing water reuse, reclaiming urban spaces, green streets initiatives, and sustainable master-planning. This complete guide provides guidance on the role creative thinking and collaborative team-building play in meeting solutions needed to affect a sustainable transformation of the built environment"-- Provided by publisher
"In-depth look at sustainable engineering practices in an urban design context, this book offers guidance on developing strategies for implementing the complex solutions needed to affect a sustainable transformation of the built environment. With coverage of watershed master-planning, green building, optimizing water reuse, reclaiming urban spaces, green streets initiatives, and sustainable master-planning, the book supplements the core reference material with international examples and case studies"-- Provided by publisher
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- TA170 .S24 2010eb
- 9780470912935 (electronic bk.)
0470912936 (electronic bk.)
9780470453612 (hbk, alk. paper) [Invalid]
0470453613 (hbk, alk. paper) [Invalid]
9780470912942 (ebk) [Invalid]
0470912944 (ebk) [Invalid]
9780470912959 (ebk) [Invalid]
0470912952 (ebk) [Invalid]
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC589046 (source: MiAaPQ)