a film by Cristina Ibarra; produced and directed by Cristina Ibarra; produced by Erin Ploss-Campoamor; produced by Undocumented Films, Inc.
- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- New York, NY : WMM, A Women Make Movies, 
- New York, NY : Distributed by Women Make Movies
|F395.M5 MAR 2014 DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup||
- "The bordertown of Laredo, Texas hosts a celebration unlike any other. For 116 years, this Mexican American community has dedicated the month of February to honoring a man who never set foot in Laredo: George Washington. The hightlight is a Colonial Ball in which mostly Mexican American debutantes are dressed as colonial heroines and presented as guests of Martha Washington. Las Marthas follows two of the girls- Laura Garza Hovel and Rosario Reyes- as they prepare for this extraordinary rite of passage. The film unveils layers of tradition, as questions arise regarding the nature of borders, biculturalism, and the performance of identity."--Container.
- Ibarra, Cristina, film producer, film directorPloss-Campoamor, Erin, film producerLeyendecker Gutierrez, Linda, intervieweeMartinez, Edwin, director of photographyGutierrez, Carla, editor of moving image workGonzález-Martínez, Sonia, editor of moving image workMajzlin, David, composerWomen Make Movies (Firm), film distributorUndocumented Films (Firm), production companyIndependent Television Service, production companyLatino Public Broadcasting (Firm), production companyCorporation for Public Broadcasting, sponsoring body
- Language Notes:
- In English, some dialogues in Spanish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD-R format.
- Interviewees, Linda Leyendecker Gutierrez, and 4 others.
- Production Credits:
- Director of photography, Edwin Martinez ; editors, Carla Gutierrez, Sonia Gonzalez-Martinez ; music by David Majzlin ; co-production of Undocumented Films, Inc. and the Independent Television Service (ITVS) and Latino Public Broadcasting (LPB) ; funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB).
- General Notes:
- NOTICE: This is a DVD-R and may not play on all DVD players.
"DVD includes: Feature length version (69 mins), television broadcast (52 mins)"--Disc label & Contaioner.
Actual running time: Feature length (01:08:19) & Television broadcast (53:32).
Public performance rights included.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (121 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video
- Call Numbers:
- F395.M5 MAR 2014 DVD
- OCLC Numbers: