- Part 8 of a series on how the globalized world economy affects ordinary people. Nibret is eleven -- and they're marrying her off to a man she's never met. Forced marriage isn't unusual in northern Ethiopia -- it helps to cement ties between families and establish land rights. This program reports on the dissonant voices arguing for change in local cultures -- and calls for reproductive health care and primary education for women and looks at widespread discrimination and violence against women.
- In English and Ethiopic with English voiceovers.
- Commentary: Original Georgis, Mairo Bello, Mohummed El Hassin.
- Exec. producer, Jenny Richards ; series producer, Luke Gawin ; series editor, Robert Lamb.
- NOTICE: This is a DVD-R and may not play on all DVD players.
Public performance rights included.
- 1 videodisc (24 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- RIG DVD