Table of Contents:
- Geography, government, population, and early history
- Pre-imperial China, ca. 1122-221 B.C.
- Early imperial China, 221 B.C.-A.D. 589
- Middle and late imperial China, A.D. 589-ca. 1800
- The tumultuous nineteenth century : external aggression and internal chaos
- Revolution and republic
- the People's Republic : from first breath to Mao's death
- Deng's China
- China in the 1990s
- The twenty-first century : dealing with a pushy China
- A prosperous and confused island : Taiwan since 1945
- Notable people in the history of China
- Chinese dynasties.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- xxiv, 329 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- DS735.A2 W74 2011
- 9780313377488 (hardcopy, alk. paper)
0313377480 (hardcopy, alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: