a film by Shannon O'Rourke; produced & directed by Shannon O'Rourke; How to Crack an Egg Productions, Inc.
- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- [S.I.] : How to Crack an Egg Productions, Inc., 
- Harriman, NY : Distributed by New Day Films
|HQ755.8 MAY 2007 DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup|
- This documentary is about women, baby love, the fertility gamble, and the changing face of the American family. It features the interwoven stories of four single women in their '30s and '40s as they pursue pregnancy through the world of Assisted Reproductive Technology, a multi-billion dollar industry on the cutting edge of medicine and science. It follows the "emotional endurance test" of getting pregnant, staying pregnant, sperm banks, Reproductive Endocrinologist's, fertility drugs, miscarriage, and in some cases, finally having a baby. While examining the experiences of these women, it also addresses the ramifications--social and personal--of single motherhood by choice.
- O'Rourke, Shannon, director, producer
- Language Notes:
- In English.
- Main Work:
- System Details:
- DVD-R; stereo.
- Subjects, Betsy, Barbara, Julie, Martina; relatives and friends, Bernie and Barbara (Betsy's parents), Francesca (Martina's mom), Monica, Karen, Elizabeth; medical professionals, Cappy Rothman, LaTrice Allen, Annette Lee, Richard Scott, Richard Paulson, Joseph Wallis, Alisha Tamburri, Alane Park.
- Production Credits:
- Editor, Tchavdar Georgiev ; camera and sound, Shannon O'Rourke ; composer, Daniel Hulsizer ; film advisor, Peter Broderick.
- General Notes:
- NOTICE: This is a DVD-R and may not play on all DVD players.
Public performance rights included.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (60 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- Call Numbers:
- HQ755.8 MAY 2007 DVD
- OCLC Numbers: