Latching on: a film
by Katja Esson; producer, director, Katja Esson; produced by Penelope Pictures
- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- New York, NY : Women Make Movies, 2010
|LAT 2009 DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup|
- "After filmmaker Katja Esson's sister gave birth in Germany, she was able to breastfeed her baby anywhere and at any time. Returning home to New York, Esson found that breastfeeding was rarely practiced and largely unseen. Her documentary highlights the intersecting economic, social, and cultural forces that have helped replace mother's milk with formula produced by a billion dollar industry, and reveals the challenges and rewards for women who buck the trend. Latching On draws on lively first-hand accounts from mothers of diverse ethnicities and economic backgrounds, as well as candid observations by pediatricians, healthcare providers, lactation specialists, and the proprietor of New York's first breastfeeding boutique."--Container.
- Eales, Kate, editorDrawe, Felix, editorLyzinger, Liz, composer
- Language Notes:
- In English.
- Main Work:
- Alternate Titles:
- Subtitle on container: Politics of breastfeeding in America
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC.
- Production Credits:
- Camera, Katja Esson ; editors, Kate Eales, Felix Drawe ; music, Liz Lyzinger.
- General Notes:
- Originally produced in 2009; released in 2010.
Public performance rights included.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (36 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical
- Video Characteristics:
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- Call Numbers:
- LAT 2009 DVD
- OCLC Numbers: