- Describes the difficult life of women in Burkina Faso: hard work in fields and factories without adequate recompense, as well as the burdens of child care, home maintenance, and cooking. These West African women accept polygamy as a way of sharing the workload, and they believe a brighter future will be possible only when they are more educated and have the same job opportunities as men, and have their own reasonable source of income.
- Item content: English
- VHS, NTSC.
- Camera, Moussa Diakite ; editor Meda B. Stanislas ; narrator, Mary Martello.
- "African studies"--container.
Gift: University of North Texas. Department of Anthropology, August 2009.
Public performance rights included.
- 1 videocassette (14 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- polyester; 1/2 in.; polychrome
- analog; magnetic; mono
- VHS; NTSC
- MV 10996
Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Films for the Humanities: FFH 3089