Table of Contents:
- Toward a definition of white logic and white methods / Eduardo Bonilla-Silva and Tukufu Zuberi
- Making sense of race and racial classification / Angela James
- Methodologically eliminating race and racism / Carole Marks
- Race and population statistics in South Africa / Akil Kokayi Khalfani ... [et al.]
- Causation and race / Paul W. Holland
- Swimming upstream : theory and methodology in race research / Quincy Thomas Stewart
- Deracializing social statistics : problems in the quantification of race / Tukufu Zuberi
- Anything but racism : how sociologists limit the significance of racism / Eduardo Bonilla-Silva and Gianpaolo Baiocchi
- Experiments in black and white : power and privilege in experimental methodology / Carla Goar
- "The end of racism" as the new doxa : new strategies for researching race / Charles A. Gallagher
- White ethnographers on the experiences of African American men : then and now / Alford A. Young Jr.
- Indices of racial residential segregation : a critical review and redirection / Brent Berry
- Qui bono? Explaining, or defending, winners and losers in the competition for educational achievement / Walter R. Allen ... [et al.]
- Critical demography and the measurement of racism : a reproduction of wealth, status, and power / Hayward Derrick Horton and Lori Latrice Sykes
- As racial boundaries "fade" : racial stratification and interracial marriage / Jenifer L. Bratter and Tukufu Zuberi
- The gospel of feel-good sociology : race relations as pseudoscience and the decline in the relevance of American academic sociology in the twenty-first century / John H. Stanfield II
- To win the war : racial research and the pioneer fund / William H. Tucker
- Being a statistican means never having say you're certain / Oscar H. Gandy Jr.
- Crime statistics, disparate impact analysis, and the conomic disenfranchisement of minority ex-offenders / Regina Austin
- Telling the real tale of the hunt : toward a race conscious sociology of racial stratification / Tukufu Zuberi and Eduardo Bonilla-Silva.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 343-387) and index.
- vii, 416 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- HT1521 .W445 2008
- 9780742542808 (cloth, alk. paper)
0742542807 (cloth, alk. paper)
9780742542815 (pbk., alk. paper)
0742542815 (pbk., alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: