- Documentary on the AIDS epidemic in rural China focusing on one year in the life of a young boy with AIDS whose parents have died of the disease. Looks at how people living with the disease are ostracized. Shows how economic realities force many of the population into selling their blood to make ends meet, a practice that can expose them to unsafe medical practices that can expose them to the virus.
- English narrative intertitles; Chinese interviews with English subtitles.
- Director of photography, Qu Jiang Tao ; editors, Ruby Yang, Ma Man Chung ; original music, Brian Keane.
- Streaming media
Digital format: Restricted to the University of North Texas System.
Film produced in 2006.
Academy Award, 2007: Best Documentary, Short Subjects (Ruby Yang, Thomas Lennon).
Digital format: Electronic reproduction. Denton, Texas : UNT Media Library, 2009. Digitized and made available by UNT Media Library from film distributed by The Cinema Guild.
- 1 online resource (1 video file (40 minutes)) : sound, color.
- video file
- Online Video
Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Cinema Guild: 2268