Table of Contents:
- 1. The movement that became an institution
- 2. The road to Black Studies
- 3. Revolution at San Francisco State College
- 4. The life and death of Black Studies programs
- 5. The Ford Foundation's mission in Black Studies
- 6. Constructing the discipline
- 7. Black Studies as the loyal opposition.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -271) and index.
- xvi, 279 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- E184.7 .R65 2007
- 9780801886195 (hardcover, alk. paper)
0801886198 (hardcover, alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: