- A look at the conceptualization of masculinity in hip-hop culture. Includes interviews with prominent rappers, music industry executives, and social critics.
- Hurt, Byron, 1970-, screenwriter, director, producer
Gordon, Sabrina Schmidt, producer
Winters, Bill, 1975-, cinematographer
Nelson, Stanley, 1951-
Fifer, Sally Jo
Mos Def (Rapper)
Chuck D, 1960-
Busta Rhymes (Musician)
Dyson, Michael Eric
God Bless the Child Productions
Independent Television Service
National Black Programming Consortium
Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Media Education Foundation
- Item content: English
- Title from end credits and IMDB: Beyond beats and rhymes: a hip-hop head weighs in on manhood in hip-hop culture
- Mos Def, Fat Joe, Chuck D, Jadakiss, Busta Rhymes, Russell Simmons, Michael Eric Dyson, Beverly Guy-Shetfall.
- Edited by Sabrina Schmidt Gordon ; director of photography: Bill Winters ; executive producers, Stanley Nelson, Sally Jo Fifer.
- "In association with ... the National Black Programming Consortia (NBPC)"--Container.
Originally released as a documentary film in 2006.
Public performance rights included.
Video On Demand
Digital format: Restricted to the University of North Texas System.
Digital format: Electronic reproduction. Denton, Texas : UNT Media Library, 2008. Digitized and made available by UNT Media Library from video distributed by Media Education Foundation.
- 1 online resource (1 video file (61 min.)) : sound, color
- video file
- Online Video