- "As a musician, Townes Van Zandt was legendary, perhaps one of the greatest who ever lived, inspiring artists from Bob Dylan to Norah Jones to Steve Earle. As a man, a husband, and a father his life was as tragic and as beautiful as the songs he wrote. Townes was an enigma to his family, pinned between a deep longing for home and nomadic lifestyle that was necessary for his livelihood. " -- container.
- Cinematography, Lee Daniel ; editors, Michael Taylor, Karen Skloss, and Don Howard.
- Originally produced as a documentary film in 2004.
Special features: Rare and intimate performances; Exclusive in-depth interviews with featured artists; Commentary track with director Margaret Brown, cinematographer Lee Daniel and musician Joe Ely; U.S. theatrical trailer; Palm Pictures previews; Weblinks.
Public performance rights included on copy 2.
- Not rated.
- 1 videodisc (100 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- DVD 5974
Other Standard Numbers:
- Universal Product Code: 660200312428
Publisher Number, Palm Pictures: PALMDV3124