Film Movement; produced by Paradox Spillefilm AS; a film by Erik Poppe
- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- [Fair Lawn, N.J.] : Film Movement, 
- Prince Frederick, Md. : Distributed by RB Media
- Related Series:
|HAW 2005 DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup|
- Hawaii, Oslo is the story of a handful of desperate people whose paths cross on the hottest day of the year in Oslo. Frode and Milla have their first child, but learn he will not live long without an expensive operation they cannot afford. Bobbie-Pop is a faded singer who tries to commit suicide. Leon is an institutionalized mental patient, who hopes to keep a 10-year-old date on his birthday with his teenage sweetheart. Leon's brother, Trygve, gets a weekend leave from prison to be with Leon on his birthday, but plans on using the furlough to escape. Overseeing Leon and protecting him is his guardian angel Vidar, Leon's best buddy at the institution, who sees things no one else can see, and who may be able to save everyone--except himself.
- Language Notes:
- Soundtrack in Norwegian with subtitles in English.
- Included Works:
- Related Series:
- Suicidal behavior — Norway — Oslo — Drama
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby surround; region 1.
- Cast: Trond Espen Seim, Jan Gunnar Røise, Evy Kasseth Røsten.
- Production Credits:
- Director of photography, Ulf Brantas ; editor, Einar Egeland ; music, Kaada.
- General Notes:
- Title from container.
Enhanced for widescreen TV (16x9).
Special features include: This month's short film: Harold the amazing contortionist pig /dir. Carl Prechezer.
Originally released as motion picture in 2004.
- Not rated by the MPAA.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 132 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- Call Numbers:
- HAW 2005 DVD
- Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, RB Media: DV038
- OCLC Numbers: