- When a nine-year-old Nicaraguan girl becomes pregnant as a result of a rape, her parents--illiterate campesinos working in Costa Rica--seek a legal therapeutic abortion to save their only child's life. Their quest triggers a battle over whose life has precedence, and pits them against the governments of Nicaragua and Costa Rica, the medical establishment, and the Catholic Church. As the story gains international media attention, its repercussions spread across Latin America and Europe.
- In English and Spanish with English subtitles.
- Narrator, Sandra Rodriguez.
- Editor, Sharon Mullally ; original score, Sumi Tonooka ; photography, Peter Brownscombe ; drawings, Rosa.
- Narration adapted from the book, Historia de una Rosa by María López Vigil.
Public performance rights included.
- Reading grade level: 10 through college.
- 1 videocassette (57 min., 47 sec.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- polyester; 1/2 in.; polychrome
- analog; magnetic; mono
- VHS; NTSC
- MV 10074