- "Set in the late '60s and filmed on-location in Saskatchewan, this dark family drama focuses on the three teenaged daughters of the Field household. Callum Keith Rennie plays Jim Field, the loud-mouthed, domineering patriarch who has intimidated his wife Mary (Miranda Richardson) into a catatonic state of alcoholism and depression. Norma (Monté Gagné) is the oldest, most responsible daughter; she is overburdened and preoccupied by events from the past. Middle child Lou (Katharine Isabelle) chooses the rebellious path in order to escape her father's unreasonable demands. Youngest daughter Sandy (Kristin Adams) aspires to maximum femininity, engaging in an affair with an older, married man (Mark McKinney) in the process"--Film Movement web site.
- Adams, Kristin
Smith, Scott Marshall
Rennie, Callum Keith, 1960-
McKinney, Mark, 1959-
Minds Eye Pictures (Firm)
Wild Bunch (Firm)
Film Movement (Firm)
RB Publishing (Firm)
- Closed captioned.
- DVD; enhanced for widescreen (16x9).
- Cast: Miranda Richardson, Callum Keith Rennie, Katharing Isabelle, Monté Gagné, Kristin Adams, Mark McKinney.
- Directed by Scott Smith; Produced by Robin Cass; Music by Ken Whiteley; Director of Photogprahy by Gregory Middleton.
- Based on a novel by Barbara Gowdy.
"October 2004 selection"--Disc label.
Videodisc release of 2003 motion picture.
Subtitle from container.
Special features: biographies; trailer; short film: Ten / Scott Smith.
- 1 videodisc (109 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- DVD 3445
Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Film Movement: DV022