- Follows four Lakota Indian families from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Through the lives of a grandmother, an artist, a spiritual leader, and a community activist, the problems of the reservation system are balanced with the thriving richness of the culture.
- Some dialogue in Lakota with English subtitles.
- VHS format.
- Doris Eagle, Thurman Horse, Michael Little Boy, Marian White Mouse.
- Director of photography, Shana Hagan ; music, Keith Secola.
Major funding by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting; additional support by Open Society Institute, Laird, Norton Trust Co., The Edgebrook Foundation.
Filmed during 1996-1999.
public performance rights included
- 1 videocassette (60 min.) : sound, color with black & white sequences ; 1/2 in.
- polyester; 1/2 in.; polychrome; monochrome
- analog; magnetic; mono
- VHS; NTSC
- MV 7575