- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- Culver City, Calif. : Columbia TriStar Home Video, 1999
|GIR 1999 DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup||
- The fascinating true story of a young woman's life-altering stay at a famous psychiatric hospital in the late 1960's.
- Language Notes:
- In English.
- Main Work:
- Related Works:
- Motion picture adaptation of: Girl, interrupted [by Kaysen, S.]
- System Details:
- DVD, Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
- Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Whoopi Goldberg, Vanessa Redgrave.
- Production Credits:
- Produced by Douglas Wick, Cathy Konrad ; directed by James Mangold.
- General Notes:
- Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
Title from disc label.
Based on the book by Susanna Kaysen.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1999.
Special features include: digitally mastered audio & anamorphic video, widescreen presentation, Audio: 5.1 (Dolby digital) and 2-channel (Dolby surround), director's commentary, deleted scenes with commentary, HBO first look: the making of Girl, interrupted, isolated music score, theatrical trailers, talent files, production notes.
Golden Globes, 2000: Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture (Angelina Jolie).
Academy Awards, 2000: Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Angelina Jolie).
- Rated R.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 127 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- Call Numbers:
- GIR 1999 DVD
- Other Standard Numbers:
- Universal Product Code: 043396047464
Publisher Number, Columbia TriStar Home Video: 04746
- OCLC Numbers: