Table of Contents:
- Itinerary of the Coronado expeditions, 1527-1547.
- Translation of the narrative of Castañeda.
- Translation of the letter from Mendoza to the king, April 17, 1540.
- Translation of the letter from Coronado to Mendoza, August 3, 1540.
- Translation of the Traslado de las nuevas.
- Translation of the Relacion del suceso.
- Translation of a letter from Coronado to the king, October 20, 1541.
- Translation of the narrative of Jaramillo.
- Translation of the report of Hernando de Alvarado.
- Testimony concerning those who went on the expedition with Francisco Vasquez Coronado.
- Item content: English
- Also available via the Internet.
The translations included in the present volume are found, accompanied by an historical introduction and the Spanish text of Castañeda's narrative, in the editor's The Coronado expedition, 1540-1542 (U.S. Bureau of American enthology, 14th annual report, pt. I, Washington, 1896, p. 329-613) The narrative of Castañeda is from a Spanish ms. preserved in the New York Public library.
Also published by A.S. Barnes & Co., New York, 1904, in the series called The trail makers.
- xxxiv, 251 pages : frontispiece (facsimiles), 1 illustration, folded map ; 19 cm.
- E125.V3 W6 1922
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
- a 23002057 (i.e., a23002057)